Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Unii Palette & Shu Uemura Eye Shadows Depotting

Yesterday I received my Unii Palette in the color "Snow" which I ordered late last week.  The rave reviews I read about this product are pretty much spot on - it is definitely high quality and holds makeup securely.  I like the squishy little thumb rest and snap closure.  The only annoying thing is how you can't use alcohol and Windex, etc. to clean it (otherwise the metal part gets brittle I think).



So I depotted my six shu uemura eye shadows into this thing and here is the final result!  It will be great for travelling.  And obviously I should buy more makeups.


It's easy to depot shu uemura eye shadows.  I just used a flat iron, wax paper, a bobby pin, Goo Gone (a gummy stuff remover), and rubbing alcohol.  The flat iron step was shown on one of the YouTube videos on the Unii Palette website.

First, turn the flat iron on.  Cut a small piece of wax paper and put it on the flat iron.  Put the eyeshadow on the wax paper.


After 15 seconds or so, remove the eye shadow.  Flip it over and you will see a small circle on the label (I marked it with an arrow in the photo below).  Poke your bobby pin end through this circle and the metal eye shadow pan should pop right out.  This would probably work too if you first heated up the eye shadow back with a hairdryer.


The eye shadow pan will be gluey, so clean it up with some Goo Gone and then some rubbing alcohol.

Other makeup brands may be more difficult to depot than shu uemura, since you will need to pry out the eye shadow pan instead of just popping it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment