Friday, July 30, 2010

2010 Summer Restaurant Week Boston and Market by JG Experience

So Restaurant Week is coming up August 15-20 and 22-7 in Boston. It might be a bit difficult to secure reservations at the most popular places now, but I thought I'd do a preview of sorts, of some of the Restaurant Week restaurants I have tried in the past. First up is Market by Jean-Georges (W Hotel) in the Theatre District / Chinatown which I went to in April.

Inside is airy, and modernly gray.

This is our crab fritter appetizer - not on the menu anymore and that is a good thing.

These were very tasty - crispy clams with basil salt and a mousse-like aioli dipping sauce.

Pizza with fontina cheese and black truffles.

My entree - cod with orange / miso sauce, bok choy, and some fancy blobs of sriracha.  MEH.  I went to Market for lunch once in the spring and had a salmon dish that was superior.

The dessert cookie platter!  With chocolate truffles, a peanut butter French macaron, sour cherry marshmallows, and salty caramels.

I think it is worth it to go to Market for restaurant week.  I especially love the crispy clams and cookie platter.

1 comment:

  1. I LOLed at the all caps 'MEH'! Everything else looks dericious, the dessert plate with lots of mini desserts is tres jean georges.

    ReplyDelete