Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sewing a Camera Case

Hi!  I'm starting off this blog with a craft.

Recently I finished making a camera case for my new Canon S90, photos and details below.  It's my first real sewing project so it's not perfect, but I'm still happy about it.




Pattern: Cute Little Bag for Cell Phone/Camera Sewing Pattern from Napkitten Pattern

Exterior Fabric: Red City Scene Canvas from This and That from Japan

Double Fold Bias Tape: Black Polka Dot with Lace from Holland Fabric House

As you can see, I purchased most of the materials from EtsyFor the interior fabric, I used some random red cotton leftover from another project - purchased from Jo-Ann.  For the lining, I cut up an old pair of jeans and used that.  Oh I also blew up the pattern by 123% so that it would fit my camera.  The instructions were easy to follow, and I think the results look pretty pro!  Of course, this is really just protecting from scratches and stuff, it won't really help if I drop my camera.  But so far so good!

1 comment:

  1. How cute it is!!! The fabrics you chose are so pretty. I love it so much. Thank you so much for sharing your new cellphone case.

    ReplyDelete